Talent Acquisition Specialist
Our client in Northwest Houston is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join their team! You will be assisting and supporting the Talent Acquisition Manager and Business Partners to ensure all vacant roles are being filled. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Market vacancies and source passive candidates from LinkedIn and other social media outlets, using traditional and non-traditional resources to attract a diverse, quality talent pool
- Document recruitment efforts and candidate contacts via our applicant tracking system
- Communicate regularly with HR team and hiring managers, providing candidate summaries and recommendations
- Partner with hiring managers to craft selection approach, including building candidate profiles, identifying role-specific posting sites and determining interview participants/guides
- Reviews resumes and conducts phone screens to identify potential candidates for interview
- Make sound recommendations to hiring managers on which candidates to advance beyond phone screens
- Provide logistical support to recruitment efforts, including interview scheduling, debrief management, sending letters to candidates, etc.
- Collaborate with HR team on efforts to enhance recruitment processes and procedures.
- Manage the reference checking process using our online survey system
- Run reports for annual Affirmative Action Plan review
- Participation in HR projects and process improvement efforts
- Other HR and organizational activities as time, capacity and interest allow
- 2-4 year’s relevant experience in recruitment, HR, operations management or related fields.
- Organized, detail oriented, and a process thinker.
- Familiarity with social media, especially LinkedIn. Knowledge of LinkedIn recruiter a plus.
- Able to provide excellent customer experience both internally and externally, adhering to TPL’s shared values
- Able to prioritize work in order to maintain momentum and meet organizational needs.
- Applied experience with all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred
- Experience with interviewing with various types and levels of roles highly preferred
- Experience with internship, volunteer, or service learning programs a plus
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Familiarity with databases – data management, cleanup and report running
- Must be proficient with basic computer functionality, Microsoft Office/Teams
- Able to work with minimal direct supervision in performing routine tasks; seeks input as needed and able to take direction well
- Travel may be required 1-4 times a year depending on business needs
- Affinity for a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to interact well with a diverse set of people; team player