VP of HR
Our client in Southwest Houston is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources to serve as the key leadership team member overseeing the experience of the organization’s most important resources – the people.
The VP will be responsible for leading the vision, development, and execution of talent and culture management initiatives aimed at the recruiting, onboarding, retention, and professional growth of our team members. The role will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and work with the executive and management teams to ensure the development and advancement of an empowered, value-driven, diverse, and inclusive workplace culture.
- Lead workforce planning and analysis, talent acquisition, learning and development, performance management, employee engagement and retention, and compensation strategies.
- Influence organizational decision-making with the use of relevant KPIs and data
- Contribute to organizational structure design and evolution to optimize workforce effectiveness and efficiency, meet business objectives, and maintain culture
- Lead and develop results-driven performance management tools and processes that align with company values and business goals
- Develop and implement a comprehensive diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and promote practices throughout the company
- Develop and execute effective global recruiting strategies to support company growth, prioritizing the timely sourcing and hiring of new team members that satisfy specific role and skill needs, and are positive culture adds
- Develop and maintain industry compensation benchmarks for all relevant roles at the company to inform hiring, compensation adjustments, and equity analysis
- Provide hands-on mentorship and career planning for existing and future HR staff
- Responsible for maintaining a strong pulse on staff morale, engagement, and concerns, and working with executive and management teams to maintain a healthy and vibrant remote workplace environment and culture
- Develop and execute ongoing campaigns promoting positive culture reinforcement, staff engagement, and team/individual appreciation and recognition
- Effectively address components of workplace culture that impede organizational and individual effectiveness in a manner consistent with company values
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local employment laws including, but not limited to EEO, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, ERISA, OSHA, PPACA, workers’ compensation, etc.
- Guide the recommendation, design, implementation, and testing of all human capital-related technology to improve established goals and outcomes.
- Support HR initiatives, e.g. collaboration with the Executive team on succession planning, or organizational changes affecting the workforce.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant leadership experience in Human Resource Management
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and/or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification is strongly preferred.
- Experience as an HR professional in a consulting services business and performance-based compensation strategies preferred.
- A proven track record of enriching organizational cultures and successfully leading innovative changes to enhance the employee experience.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in leading human resources practices, including talent management, organizational development, DEI, performance management, labor relations, employee communications, and applicable laws and regulations governing these areas.
- Demonstrated forward-thinking strategic leadership across the organization to executives, management, and staff at all levels.
- Ability to balance accountability with emotional intelligence in all interactions.
- Master’s degree in business/organizational development preferred.
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
Thank you for your interest in this role, but this position is now closed. We encourage you to still submit your resume to email@example.com for future opportunities that may align with your skills and experience. Thank you!