VP of HR
Our West Houston client is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources to oversee their HR Department.
Work Force Management:
- Provide supervision and management support to HR staff.
- Direct and oversee the performance and execution of all HR related activities.
- Facilitate development opportunities for HR staff.
- Serve as a confidante, resource and sounding board to HR staff and senior business managers.
- Provide appropriate feedback and coaching to HR staff and senior business managers on their style, approach, and effectiveness.
- Partners with key senior business leaders by participating in the business planning and management process and implementing strategies to support major initiatives.
- Implement appropriate change management, manager assimilation, team building and related tools and processes. Assimilate key talent into the organization.
- Assist with the needs assessment and determination of management and leadership training for business areas, in support of the business Head/Lead Generalist.
- Ensure work environments and workplace practices promote a positive employee relations environment free of discrimination, harassment, or any form of unfair or unethical practice.
- Involved in the most complex HR investigations, site assessments, and IDRs (all related forms of complaints) that ensure objective evaluation and resolution of issues.
- Provide management with collaborative consultation on sensitive or complex employee relations issues. In support of the business Head/Lead Generalist, review and monitor performance management process to ensure quality, timeliness and effectiveness for business. Accountable for the oversight of development and implementation of AAPs including goals and communication with business groups. Strategize appropriate training and consulting needed to promote effective employee performance management practices.
- Employee Development/Talent Management:
- Support of the business Head/Lead Generalist, continuously assess the business areas talent pool and competencies/readiness so that we execute a ‘right person, right job, right time’ strategy.
- Ensure the identification and execution of business area’s strategies to mitigate the risk of turnover of ‘key’ talent.
- Provide assistance and support to management in developing an employee population which is diverse.
- Influence the use of tools such as skills assessment/gap analysis in order to better understand organizational talent.
- Consult and advise business partners on effective compensation program and decisions at the unit and individual level.
- Ensure the communication and execution of pay for performance and other aspects of our compensation philosophy.
- Involved in high level recruitment efforts and compensation packages.
Staffing and Recruitment:
- Involved in the highest level recruitment efforts for the business, ensuring we attract qualified and diverse pools.
- Seasoned human resource professional, typically with fifteen or more years of experience with most experience preferred in a generalist position.
- Minimum of ten year’s experience in human resources, with significant experience in a generalist role.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of the human resources function including organization development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and talent acquisition.
- College degree in Industrial Relations, business or other related course of study.
- Experience in O&G field HR- offshore a plus
- Previous management experience preferred.